Sunday, August 29, 2010

Elounda

1818 boul. de la Côte-Vertu
 St-Laurent, QC H4L 2A6
  (514) 331-4040

I was told about this restaurant by quite a few people whose opinions count. Elounda, in Ville St-Laurent, situated in a little strip mall attached to another restaurant, has a great location on a very busy street. It took me a little while to try this place out because Mediterranean food is good but has never really blown me away enough to hurry to a new location.

I went on a very busy Saturday night to this big, yet cozy restaurant. The owners and waiters were very very friendly, unfortunately only to the people they knew. Service was average throughout the night, but the food made up for that. The first entree was the Elounda special(15) which was composed of fried zucchini, eggplant and cheese with tzatziki sauce. Absolutely delicious, lightly fried with one of the best tzatziki sauces I've ever had. Next was the Greek salad(17) which was alright, but way overpriced, and that was for the smaller size.

For main course, I had the lamb chops and swordfish(32), which were  both delicious and nicely cooked. It came with vegetables and  half of a corn on the cob. The salmon(28) was well done, with a crispy outside and a moist inside, once again with vegetables.

For dessert, a phenomenal baklava(7), a sweet, rich pastry made with phyllo dough filled with chopped nuts sweetened with honey or syrup. Bite after bite, this kept on getting better. This is not my usual dessert. I typically like very sweet chocolaty items but this was right up my alley. Fruit, on the house, was a nice end to the night.

A light dinner finished off with light dessert. This was a very different night for me, but I must say very enjoyable. I would recommend this restaurant for everyone, from the true "foodies" to the once a year diners. My only complaint on this restaurant would be the high prices, but apart from that I left very satisfied.

Food:8/10
Atmosphere:8/10
Service:7/10
Location:9/10
Price:6.5/10
Overall:8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment