Friday, July 16, 2010

Le Club Chasse et Peche


423 rue St-Claude
Montreal, H2Y 3B6
(514) 861-1112
What consists of a perfect meal? A beautiful restaurant, breathtaking decor, phenomenal waiters, and of course A++ perfect food. My meal here was just as close to perfect as they come. From the great location in the Old Port to the huge door that lets you enter this strange basement looking establishment. I must say the decor is very different, but absolutely spectacular.

The menu changes every week but a few items stay indefinitely, and for good reason. The prices for the meals are not extremely high but portions are very small so order a lot, or eat before you come! I started out with a classic, the braised piglet risotto with foie gras shavings(16). This is the perfect dish, a mixture of rich and creamy with saltiness, I couldn't get enough. This might possibly be, THE BEST DISH I EVER ATE! Another appetizer I had was the partridge, a deliciously cooked bird.

For the main course I had to have the famous, Chasse et Peche(44), which that night was a Kobe beef steak and a half lobster. Pure perfection on a plate, the Kobe beef was juicy and tender and the lobster was so flavorful . The boar roasted two ways(32) was also a hit with a thin crispy piece of skin on top of it. This was our order for the night, yet I was still hungry and was really craving that risotto once again. Yes! I thought of ordering the same dish twice, it was that good. Instead I opted for the duck magret(34) which on any other night would of been great, but because of all these spectacular dishes it was just really good.

"Youppi"! Yes, that's right, I'm happy, happy I ate that dessert. A long milk chocolate bar with a base made of peanuts with a caramelized banana along side. I dug into the bar with my spoon to realize, it was completely melted, yet it stayed completely intact like if it was hard. Pure chocolaty, nutty and sweet, what more can I ask for. The other dessert was the "univers", a Cinnamon brioche with a salty ice cream. The ice cream actually tasted like the remainder of milk from a bowl of corn pops cereal, a very interesting flavor.

At the end of the night, I was full and extremely content with the way the meal had turned out. My only complaint was the service, it was sub par, but the food was so perfect that it didn't matter. As I left the restaurant, little chocolates were given out as souvenirs. Thank you Le Club for an amazing night, I will be back quite soon.

Food:9.5/10
Atmosphere:9.5/10
Service:7/10
Location:9.5/10
Price:9/10
Overall:9/10

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you describe a perfect meal, but you forgot one thing...don't forget the amazing person that you share the meal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great date restaurant, an interesting yet extremely romantic setting. I'm salivating just thinking about this meal. SOOOOOOOO delicious. I think its about time for round number 2.And I completely agree, that risotto was definitely the BEST THING I EVER ATE

    ReplyDelete