Thursday, July 1, 2010

Le Local

740 Rue William
Montreal, H3C 1P1
(514) 397-7737
As I planned my 2nd anniversary dinner, still being in the "impress" stage of the relationship, a lot of thought went into where we would go to eat...to be honest a hell of a lot of thought. There has to be a mix of great food, a great atmosphere, great location and a great wine list too. After searching through countless pages on the web, newspapers and asking "foodies" for their opinions, I came up with my decision of picking Le Local. Le Local is run by the famous chef Louis Francois-Marcotte also from Simple-Chic and the show "Le Gout de Louis" on Canal Vie.
The whole establishment is pure beauty in my eyes, with a hip and trendy feel and a touch of sophistication. There are two different rooms, one more of a lounge area facing the bar and the other more of a diner experience facing the kitchen. The first thing I noticed was the open concept kitchen that I've so many times seen on his TV show, which by the way is excellent.

The food here was not the best, but it was still very enjoyable. From a beef tartar(14) dish to a duck terrine, the appetizers were only decent. On the other hand, the main courses were very good, a venison roasted with beans in maple syrup had a nice sweetness to it and the duck leg confit was delicious also.

I was here just a few weeks ago for dessert and as I remembered them, they were fantastic! The plate of Mignardises(7) with all kinds of different treats was phenomenal. A delicious white chocolate cheese cake with homemade raspberry sorbet was another hit. I truthfully cannot remember what I had the first time but all I can say is that they were really good as you can see in the picture.

In the end, my experience at Le Locale was a very enjoyable one. I recommend this restaurant for a special night out with a special person or even on a Saturday night to stop by and have drinks and dessert. A very pricey night out on the town with a few glasses of wine, and to impress my wonderful girlfriend, this night was one to remember.


Food:8/10
Atmosphere:9.5/10
Service:8.5/10
Location:9/10
Price:8.5/10
Overall:8.5/10

2 comments:

  1. This was a fantastic restaurant, I truly enjoyed it, great place for a date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely right Taylor beautiful setup and good tasting food.

    ReplyDelete