Monday, April 11, 2011

Frozen Ice Cream Banana Split Sandwiches



I've been trying to think of the perfect dessert. I do love ice cream..I do love ice cream sandwiches.. I do love chocolate, bananas, nuts.. I could just say that I love all dessert and all junk. As the temperature in Montreal is FINALLY rising, it's time to bring out the big guns. By big guns I mean ice cream. Ice cream is beyond the perfect dessert for the summer, it can be eaten on it's own during a hot day, after a meal or on a very sad night....

I cannot take credit for inventing this, I must give it to the Food Network's Paula Dean. Thanks Paula, although I changed quite a few things in the recipe to make it the way I like it!

Use as much of the ingredients as needed, depending on consistency and flavour desired.



Ingredients: 

   12 ice-cream sandwiches, unwrapped
   3 medium bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
   1/2 bottle of chocolate sauce
   1 pack of milk chocolate chips
   1/2 tub of neapolitan ice cream 
   1 bottle of whipped cream
   1/2 pack of nuts( pecans, walnuts..)

 Directions:

Line a baking pan with aluminum foil
Place half of ice cream sandwiches on the pan, completely covering the bottom
Layer with bananas , then top with chocolate sauce and add chocolate chips

Add top layer of the sandwiches, then add whipped cream and nuts

Freeze for at least 4 hours, then add neapolitan ice cream when ready to serve.








No comments:

Post a Comment