Monday, June 7, 2010

Bufala Restaurant

18425 Rue Antoine-Faucon,
Pierrefonds, QC
H9K 1M7
514-624-2777
When I found out that a new restaurant had opened by the same chef as Bronte, my heart started beating. A little history lesson, Bronte was the first bistro restaurant that I ever attended. From that moment on, my love for food expanded. Quail, squab, rabbit pappardelle and an oxtail ravioli, all exquisite dishes. Unfortunately, I won't be reviewing this restaurant. Why, you ask? Well, because it closed down about two months ago; you all the missed the boat. So, when I heard that another addition to the Mercury family restaurant list, Bufala has opened in Mundo Trattoria's old spot, it was time to book a table.
My reservation was for 7:30 PM on a Friday night, boy was that call a waste of time. The place was empty! By the time I left at 9, there were only five tables full. Regardless that the restaurant was empty, I was here to enjoy myself. I started off with the "Gnocchi Poutine"(14) that was absolutely delicious. The creamy texture of the sauce went perfect with the melted mozzarella cheese. I was informed that the gnocchis were homemade, which I have a hard time believing, just a tad overcooked possibly. The melted mozzarella cheese was nice but just a tad too salty for a poutine. Another entree that I loved was the "Arancini di Riso'' (6), a deep fried rice ball with melted cheese inside. Delicious, a nice mixture of flavors, only downfall was the boring meat sauce accompanying it.
For the main courses, we opted for pizza, since it is a pizzeria. I started with the "prosciutto pizza"(18) with arugula and parmesan. A tasteful thin crust pizza, but once again a little bit too much salt. The next pizza was the "Funghi Pizza"(17) with truffle oil. Now that's what a pizza should taste like! A delicious blend of flavors that made my mouth water. A nice glass of wine to go with this meal and I left a satisfied customer.
One of the waiters at this restaurant is a friend, a polite one, the one serving us did not seem too happy to be there and was impolite. One more thing, the wine menu needs expanding and the prices have to be lowered. In the end, this was a nice meal, especially for the west island. The biggest downfall is the location, the end of Antoine-Faucon, hidden from the world. Hopefully they will start advertising this restaurant soon, before it closes down.
Food:8.5/10
Atmosphere:7.5/10
Service:7/10
Location:5/10
Price:9/10
Overall: 7.5/10


3 comments:

  1. I got to try the Gnocchi Poutine.
    I wonder if the gnocchi are as good as the one served by Carlos restaurant on St Johns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are speaking about a certain Ricardo's... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes a get the names confused. Must be the age. LOL

    ReplyDelete