Sunday, June 6, 2010

Greasy Spoon


160 Avenue Laurier O.
Montréal, QC
(514) 495-7666

I read a few reviews from this joint, so naturally when I saw it next door to Juni sushi, I decided to give it a try. I was a little disappointed by the lack of options of food and beer. No beer on tap and just three options, of which I have never heard of. I choose to try the "Greasy Spoon" poutine croquettes with smoked meat(10). A different take on poutine, deep fried mashed potato nuggets with pieces of smoked meat submerged in cheese and gravy, am I ever glad I tried this!
For the main, an ordinary hamburger with pretty decent french fries and salad(19), a little overpriced.

I probably need to come back here another time to fairly assess the whole menu, but personally I don't think that will ever happen. The waiters were slow, the bathrooms had long lineups but in the end, it's an alright place to catch a quick bite to eat.

Food:7.5/10
Atmosphere:7.5/10
Service:7/10
Location:7.5/10
Price:7.5/10
Overall:7.5/10

1 comment: